Visually Impaired Preschool Services (VIPS)
Is your child blind or experiencing low vision?
Babies bring a lot of joy into the world. However, as much as we love and nurture them, children don’t come into the world with a set of instructions. And now that your child is low vision or blind, you have a new set of concerns. Children with a vision loss can lead happy, healthy and independent lives and their families are crucial in their development. But, sometimes help is needed along the way. The VIPS program can walk with you along the path your child takes.
- Your baby can’t make eye contact
- He is using touch, smell and hearing to know what is around him.
- Your baby needs to learn about her world
- Let her explore, be curious and learn so she can develop important concepts.
- Your baby needs to learn social skills
- Take him with you everywhere, the swimming pool, zoo, store and birthday parties; he needs lots of opportunities to meet and play with other children.
The VIPS program staff can work with you and your child to create opportunities for fun, positive development and learning.